georgia bushcrafter knife

For discussion specifically related to the tools and equipment you carry into the woods and use every day.
jaberwaki

georgia bushcrafter knife

Postby jaberwaki » Thu May 14, 2015 12:24 pm

Does anyone have the L.T. Wright georgia bushcrafter? If so, what is your honest opinion? Feel free to share pics too!
ugar-6
Bushcrafter

Re: georgia bushcrafter knife

Postby ugar-6 » Fri May 15, 2015 1:54 pm

I do, I do!!! I haven't used it yet but it gets a lot of oooohhhhhs and aaaaahhhhhhs when I show it. I've played around with grips and feeling of it. I believe it will be an ample workhorse without blistering your hands with long or delicate work. The rounded, smooth edges of the handle are conducive to this. Also, I LOVE the forefinger notch at the front. I'm very impress with it thus far and that thing is SHARP.
ShonB
Bushcrafter

Postby ShonB » Fri May 15, 2015 5:38 pm

I own 2 Georgia Bushcrafter knives. I won the original prototype and then bought another one. The prototype has a flat grind and all of the others are scandi grind. I also own 2 Blind Horse Bushcrafters again 1 in flat the other in scandi grind, I have owned these for 5 years. I like the flat grind better and it is the main knife I carry into the woods, but the scandi is great for wood work too. The handle is like a broom handle and is comfortable when held in any position. The size is great for my hand. I wear a size 7 glove. The Georgia Bushcrafter is A2 steel and does not shoot sparks when hit with a flint like O 1 does. I highly recommend a Bushcrafter to anyone but do your homework on blade steels and grinds before you buy one.
ScoutActual
Site Admin

Postby ScoutActual » Fri May 15, 2015 7:54 pm

The Georgia Bushcraft is a very pretty knife with nice scales and liners. I'm one of the few guys who didn't buy one. For me, I just don't care fore the Kephart blade shape. I think Kepharts are boring/ugly. *ducks to dodge incoming shoes and bricks*. But to each his own! ;)
kcdeming
CMO Owner

Postby kcdeming » Fri May 15, 2015 9:45 pm

I also own a Georgia Bushcrafter and I think it a sexy knife even if ScoutActual likes to poo poo on our parade :roll: Shon said it right about the handle, it is very comfortable in the hand!
I am the owner of Coyote Mountain Outdoors. I enjoy guns, knives, and anything outdoors!
ISurvivalist
Bushcrafter

Postby ISurvivalist » Sun May 17, 2015 4:01 pm

Well now. I took mine out this weekend and beat it up a bit. Struck ferro really nicely due to 90 degree spine. Like Shon and Casey, definitely like the handle and shape. Was able to baton with it and do a little wood work as well. I'll post some pics soon.
kcdeming
CMO Owner

Postby kcdeming » Mon May 18, 2015 9:16 am

Glad to hear that Bill! Can't wait to see some pics!
I am the owner of Coyote Mountain Outdoors. I enjoy guns, knives, and anything outdoors!
helmsgp

Postby helmsgp » Sun May 24, 2015 9:55 pm

Just received the Georgia Bushcrafter knife on Friday and here are some pictures i took from my phone. Haven't had a chance to get out and use it but my initial impression is nothing but good. Great looking knife and feels great in your hand. Looked up a lot on LT Wright knives and saw nothing but good reviews.

The Knife

Knife, sheath and box it came in

Love that logo

The sheath

Georgia Bushcraft Logo
kcdeming
CMO Owner

Postby kcdeming » Mon May 25, 2015 9:50 pm

Looks good! Hope you enjoy the knife!!
ScoutActual
Site Admin

Postby ScoutActual » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:35 pm

Everyone needs to bring their GA Bushcrafter to the next campout for a group photo (that I won't be in haha)

Return to “Knives, Tools, & EDC”